We are stardust
We are golden
And we’ve got to get ourselves
Back to the garden
– Joni Mitchell 1970
- “From dust you came, and to dust you shall return.” Stardust, actually.
- Lent launches an assault against disordered desire through fasting and prayer: in fasting you pray with your body, in praying you fast with your mind.
Apart from the Bible, theological reflection is propaganda, and apart from theological reflection, the Bible is propaganda.
- In an interview at Religion Dispatches, Professor Russell Jeung opines that “the white evangelical church is dead.” “Dead”? Worse than dead: undead.
- Pity the devil: the loveless bastard is scared to death.
Life makes one promise, and keeps it: Death. God also makes one promise, and keeps it: Jesus.
- Pitiable is the person who approaches death saying, “I have had enough”, but blessed is the person who approaches death saying, “I want nothing more.”